Posts Tagged ‘Radiance’
Did you know that you could look even more beautiful just by finding out whether you are a warm, a cool, or a neutral? The warm, cool or neutral spectrum of beauty is the color group that your skin tone falls into naturally. Colors are divided into pigments: yellow/orange tones for warm, blue/red for cool, or both warm and cool shades or shades in between for neutral.
Warm Color Group
- Your hair is naturally black or brown (brown with reddish or copper flecks), your eyes are brown, and your complexion is olive or golden and tans easily.
- Your natural hair ranges from light, golden to dark blonde, your eyes are dark brown and your skin is golden or olive and tans easily.
- Your hair is naturally red or light auburn with dark blonde flecks, your eyes are either green or brown, and your skin tone is beige, tanning easily.
- Your hair is naturally a reddish to golden brown, your eye color is blue and your complexion is light beige, tanning easily.
Cool Color Group
- Your natural hair color is light to medium brown, you have either greenish, hazel, or blue eyes and you burn easily (but have naturally rosy cheeks).
- Your hair is naturally a darkened ash blonde, your eyes are either hazel or blue and your complexion is very fair to pale.
- Your hair color is dark brown, your eyes are blue and you have a pink tone to your fair or pale skin.
- You’re a naturally light to medium brunette, your eyes are a blue-gray to light-green color, your face is fair to pale with a hint of rose in your cheeks.
- Your hair is naturally red or dark brunette, your eyes are a very dark brown, and your skin is pale to fair with very rosy cheeks.
Makeup Colors for Warm, Cool or Neutral
Wearing clothes and cosmetics that match your color palette will actually smooth out and brighten your natural skin tone and even make dark circles, expression lines and wrinkles much less noticeable on your face.
- If you’re a warm, look for matte eyeshadows in colors like copper, golden brown, dark gray, pale yellows or greens and an ivory tone to highlight your brows. Your best foundation is either light or dark tan depending upon your natural skin tone, and you’ll look awesome in a burgundy blush and copper lipstick.
- If you’re a cool, choose pearl shades of icy pink, sky or navy blue, or frosted shades of lilac, pink or smoky lavender. Test a foundation on your wrist to see how it complements your fair skin tone. You’ll look great in a rose or mauve blush, and a light plum lipstick.
- If you’re a neutral, look for varying shades under the ‘warm’ spectrum, concentrating more on bronze or autumn tones in your eyeshadows (you can wear either a pearl or a matte finish). Also go for autumn tones in your lipstick and blush.
Ways to keep your skin hydrated
Water Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Water helps to hydrate the skin and remove toxins from the system. I drink more than 7 litres of water daily :)
Vitamin A Consume plenty of Vitamin A! Vitamin A helps to prevent your skin from becoming dry and scaly. It is also essential in the cell renewal process and promotes growth of new skin. Vegetables such as spinach and broccoli are rich in Vitamin A.
Vitamin E Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin that is well-known for its high antioxidant potentials. Vitamin E can be found in many types of food. Olives, nuts and vegetable oils such as corn oil, peanut oil and sunflower oil are wonderful sources of Vitamin E. One of nature’s best sources is from the tiny wheat germ. To ensure a healthy dose of Vitamin E in your diet, include loads of leafy vegetables and fish. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, Vitamin E also benefits the skin most as a skin conditioner, soothing rough and dry skin and protecting our skin cells through its antioxidant properties.
Do not smoke or drink Cigarettes and alcohol dehydrate the skin.
Moisturize Dry skin can cause wrinkles to form. Use gentle cleansers and always apply moisturizer after cleansing your face. Select a suitable moisturizer that not only hydrates your skin but also prevent signs of ageing.
Sleep Lack of sleep can dry up your skin. Get at least 8 hours of sleep daily to keep your skin healthy.
Sunscreen Always apply a good sunscreen!
Lock up your moisture today ♥
Our skin is exposed to damaging environmental stresses, pollutants and free radicals on a daily basis which cause dehydration and pre-mature skin ageing. Skin becomes dry and uncomfortable with a sense of tightness.
What is your current skin condition?
Two or more ticks to the above symptoms describe your current skin condition?
Fret not! I’ll be updating on ways to keep your skin hydrated this coming Friday :)
Feel that your skin is lackluster and short of its usual glow? Overworked, extra hours, air conditioning and stress? Vitamin C is a fantastic natural antioxidant known for its ability to kick-start your skin’s dull, lacklustre engine. It helps to protect your skin against environmental aggression and is definitely needed for a healthy body. As an ingredient, Vitamin C is also able to neutralize free radicals that attack your skin cells which cause harm.
Five Benefits of using Vitamin C
Antioxidant Protection Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect against free radical damage caused by sun, pollution and cigarette smoke which damage the structure and appearance of the skin.
Enhance Radiance Vitamin C helps to refresh the skin and promotes skin radiance and smoothness.
Evens Skin Tone Vitamin C evens out skin tone and appearance.
Boost Collagen Production Vitamin C encourages the production of collagen in the skin which gives skin its smooth, firm and healthy looking appearance.
Improves Skin Elasticity Overexposure to the sun causes long term damage to the skin, resulting in a loss of elasticity and wrinkling. Vitamin C is crucial to the synthesis of various components necessary for the assembly of elastic fibres. Vitamin C helps build and maintain the skin’s structure, helping it to protect itself from within.
With Vitamin C, smooth, firm and healthy glowing skin will be the permanent change you’re seeking to find in your life giving that extra radiant boost you need for your skin :)